Giveaways & Reviews
Product Review & Giveaway Requirements/Guidelines
Product samples are required for reviews and should be sent free of charge. Please understand that sending samples does not guarantee a review favorable or otherwise. As long as the products work and I (or my writers) LOVE them, the review will be written and honest. Product samples will not be returned.
For brands wishing to sponsor a giveaway or contest the above requirements still apply. Sponsors are responsible for shipping prizes and shipping costs to winners. Most giveaways will run for no more than two weeks. Giveaways/contests are open to U.S. residents unless otherwise specified. Winners will be chosen using Random.org and are usually notified via email and/or Twitter within 24 hours of giveaway/contest completion.
Typically giveaway/contest entrants will be required to participate by visiting your website, your Facebook fan page, and/or follow on Twitter. Please indicate if you have any additional requirements, for example requiring entrants to sign up for a newsletter.
Sponsors should supply a pre-designed ad (no larger than 125 x 125) to run during the giveaway to help promote your brand. Special ad rates will be made available after this time.
I accept products from companies for review or giveaway purposes. However, I do not accept money from companies for the reviews I write and post OR accept money in exchange for a good review which would be totally lame. I use the same green product review criteria listed below. Please read the criteria before sending your products.
If you’re interested in having your product reviewed or sponsoring a giveaway on TheEcoDiva, please send an e-mail to theEcoDiva@gmail.com with a link to your on-line store, as well as a short bio about you and/or your company.
Sending products does not guarantee receiving a review. I will actually use the product then write the review based on my experience with the product. There is no guarantee that your review will be favorable and I do not accept paid posts and reviews.
- Use and test products ourselves before sharing our review with you. We do not write a review about every product we test, only those we love and those that meet our product criteria (see below).
- Understand and share that there are no current regulations for the personal care and beauty products industry in the United States (FDA simply does not have current standards that compare to the European Union).
- Believe consumers should make informed decisions when buying rather than relying on standards believed to exist, but do not.
- Read all labels all the time and ask ask ask questions.
- Believe that you deserve to know what goes onto your skin (and in your body).
- Are a community and are here to learn from and support each other.
Welcome PR! If you would like TheEcoDiva to review an eco-friendly product and/or host a giveaway, please send an email to theEcoDiva (at) gmail (dot) com.
- Please specify if you would like a review or review/giveaway. I also offer affordable advertising rates if you are interested in an ad on this blog (email me for rates).
- I do not charge for product reviews.
- A full size sample must be provided for product reviews.
- Review products will not be returned.
- I will only host a giveaway if the sponsor agrees to ship the giveaway prize.
- NO parabens, petrochemicals, talc, phthalates, animal testing, sodium lauryl/laureth or anything else that might be found on the EcoDiva-Oh-No List
- Complete list to be TBA
All samples can be sent to:
336 36th St. #424
Bellingham, WA 98225
Please note: due to the volume of products sent in to EcoDiva Reviews, we are unable to pay for return shipping. Please only send items which do not need to be returned – unless previously agreed upon.
This policy is valid from 15 December 2009
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact theEcoDiva At gmail Dot com.
This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.
The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org